Every nonprofit organization is different.
There is no such thing as an off-the-shelf disaster plan, because every organization is different. The risks you face are unique, dependent on your services, location, structure, and size.
So how do you get help preparing for disasters? You need an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process to create your own unique plan.
The Disaster Planning for Nonprofits Guide gives you discussion prompts, checklists, and tips for you and your team. It brings you along a journey of discovery and documentation to leave you with a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP). It includes:
- Worksheets for gathering information, ideas, and data
- Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) template by Disaster
- Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) template by Task
- Discussion questions for your staff and board
- Checklists to make sure you don’t overlook anything
Disaster Planning for Nonprofits provides resources any type of nonprofit can use.
Disaster Planning for Nonprofits includes a 33-page guide and workbook that you can work through at your own pace. It contains action-based worksheets, checklists, and questionnaires to help you gather the information you need. It also comes with a suite of tools to create your plan — Word, Excel, and PDF documents for you to fill in and customize.
We offer training to jumpstart your process.
We offer customized training in Disaster Planning for Nonprofits, either online or in-person. In these lively, interactive sessions, we will walk you through the concepts and materials to help you get started.
How can you get Disaster Planning for Nonprofits?
- NPIP, the Nonprofit Insurance Program, has made Disaster Planning for Nonprofits available to all nonprofits in the state of Washington and to their members in California. Please contact NPIP for more information.
- NAO, the Nonprofit Association of Oregon, has made Disaster Planning for Nonprofits available to NAO members in the state of Oregon. Check your member resources or contact NAO for more information.
- We are looking for additional partners to make Disaster Planning for Nonprofits available to nonprofits across the US. Please contact us if you are interested in licensing the materials, funding a license for your community, or scheduling training.
- If your nonprofit needs help with disaster planning, use our contact form to reach out. We’ll let you know when the materials or training are available in your area.