We offer customized online training to jumpstart your disaster plan — here’s one of the classes we offer online or in person. Please contact us for more information about pricing and scheduling.
Get Ready for a Disaster: Information and tools to help nonprofits prepare for bad events
2 hour interactive webinar
You work hard to run programs and solve problems. You are focused on your work, not on getting ready for that disaster that might happen. You intend to do the right thing, yet limitations on time, funding, and technical knowledge can get in the way of getting your organization ready for something bad to happen.
Get Ready for a Disaster gives you information and tools to get your organization ready for a natural or pandemic disaster. This online course is designed for executive directors and board members so you can operationalize disaster preparation within your organization. It walks you through the why, what, and how of making your organization more resilient when facing natural or viral disasters. During this webinar, we will introduce disaster tools that will help you to:
- Engage your board, staff, and community in disaster preparedness work
- Evaluate what your organization needs to do
- Build a disaster-ready culture
- Implement key disaster preparedness actions
By the end of the online class, you will be able to:
- Name two groups of people involved in addressing disaster preparation in your organization.
- Describe how to shape a disaster-ready culture
- Explain what goes into a Disaster Box
- Name two ways that you are going to move forward getting disaster ready within the next month